Blandford Welcome Group

- for families fleeing a war-torn world

How much money does a community sponsor group have to raise?

The UK government requires Community Sponsors to have at least £9,000 raised plus to have secured housing for at least two years before an application can be considered.

How many families are you supporting?

The Blandford Welcome Group will seek Home Office approval for one family.

Do I have to be a member of a church to volunteer or donate?

Definitely not! We welcome everyone from inside and beyond the local community. All volunteers are interviewed and have to complete training and be background checked but apart from that we welcome everybody.

When I click the "donate" button, where does my money go?

When you click the Donate button, you are taken to the BWG’s Give a Little online donation page. The payment facility is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The money raised through this online link will go into the Blandford Catholic Church parish bank account but will be in a separate facility and will be ringfenced for the sole use of the BWG.

The BWG is part of the Diocese of Plymouth charity, registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales: charity number is 213227; registered address is St Boniface House, Ashburton, Devon TQ13 7JL.

How can I cancel monthly sponsorship?

You can do this at any time. To cancel your regular donation, please follow the cancellation link which you will find on your monthly donation receipt. Alternatively, you can reply to the receipt email and ask for your monthly sponsorship to be cancelled and Give A Little will do it for you.

What happens to the funds raised if BWG closes prematurely?

In the unlikely event that the BWG is unable to bring a refugee family to Dorset, and has to close, then all funds raised will still be used to help the resettlement of a refugee family, albeit not in Blandford. The monies raised will be transferred to another Community Sponsorship project, preferably somewhere else in the south-west.